iOS 13 is full of new options and modifications we’ve been asking for the previous couple of years. The darkish mode is lastly right here, Reminders app is a lot better, Shortcuts app now has actual automation, Safari will get a obtain supervisor and Information app lastly works with exterior storage. However how does all of it work and the way precisely can you employ it? Study it in our iOS 13 ideas and tips information under.
- 1 Greatest iOS 13 Ideas and Tips
- 1.1 1. Activate Darkish Mode
- 1.2 2. Set Customized Schedule for Darkish Mode
- 1.3 three. Work together With The New Quantity HUD
- 1.4 four. Obtain Information Utilizing Safari
- 1.5 5. Change Default File Obtain Location
- 1.6 6. Use New Reduce, Copy, and Paste Gestures
- 1.7 7. Use New Undo and Redo Gestures
- 1.8 eight. Use The New Formatting Bar
- 1.9 9. Attempt The Pure Language Enter in New Reminders App
- 1.10 10. Uncover Pictures From This Day in Previous Years in Pictures App
- 1.11 11. Exchange Snapseed with iOS 13’s New Photograph Editor
- 1.12 12. Edit Movies within the Photographs App
- 1.13 13. Monitor Menstrual Cycle in Well being App
- 1.14 14. Share Folders from iCloud Drive
- 1.15 15. Use Gesture Typing in Keyboard
- 1.16 16. Disable Bluetooth Entry For Apps
- 1.17 17. Join Two AirPods to at least one iPhone
- 1.18 18. Set Favourite Places in Maps
- 1.19 19. Create Teams of Frequent Locations in Maps
- 1.20 20. Share ETA from Maps App
- 1.21 21. Monitor Your Offline Apple Units Utilizing Discover My App
- 1.22 22. Drag Scrollbar To Shortly Navigate On a Web page
- 1.23 23. Set Mixed App Limits for Display Time
- 1.24 24. View and Analyze Display Time Knowledge for Previous 30 Days
- 1.25 25. Change to Open Safari Tab From Search
- 1.26 26. Discover the Shuffle and Repeat Buttons
- 1.27 27. Create Memoji From Any iPhone
- 1.28 28. Set Your Customized iMessage Profile
- 1.29 29. Use Memoji Stickers Anyplace in iOS
- 1.30 30. Mechanically Shut Tabs in Safari
- 1.31 31. Toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth From Management Middle
- 1.32 32. Obtain Giant Apps over Mobile
- 1.33 33. Use Exterior Storage With Information App
- 1.34 34. Scan Paperwork in Information App
- 1.35 35. Use Haptic Contact on Each iPhone
- 1.36 36. Silence Unknown Callers
- 1.37 37. Optimize Battery Charging
- 1.38 38. Discover The New Updates Part in App Retailer
- 1.39 39. Delete Apps From Updates Part
- 1.40 40. Use Automated Darkish Mode for Supported Web sites in Safari
- 1.41 41. Create Actual Automations in Shortcuts
- 1.42 42. Use The Higher Formatting Options in Mail App
- 1.43 43. Save All Open Tabs as Bookmarks in Safari
- 1.44 44. Zip and unzip Information in Information App
- 1.45 45. Arrange Information an Folders in Native Storage
- 1.46 46. Take Full Web page Screenshots in Safari
- 1.47 47. Use Low Knowledge Mode for Particular Wi-Fi Networks
- 1.48 48. Shortly Open Emojis With The New Devoted Button
- 1.49 49. Use Shortcuts Immediately From Share Sheet
- 1.50 50. Save Screenshots to Information App As an alternative
- 1.51 Your Favourite iOS 13 Ideas and Tips?
Greatest iOS 13 Ideas and Tips
On this article, we’re solely speaking concerning the sensible points of a number of the most helpful new options in iOS 13. If you wish to find out about each single function in iOS 13, check out our constantly up to date iOS 13 options information.
You can even take a look at our guides for the most effective options in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13.
1. Activate Darkish Mode
You’re going to like the brand new darkish mode in iOS 13. It immediately flips the colour scheme, supplying you with a real again background and white textual content. Not solely is it straightforward on the eyes, nevertheless it additionally helps with the battery life.
To toggle darkish mode, open Management Middle, and faucet and maintain on the Brightness bar. Within the bottom-left nook, you’ll see a brand new Look toggle. Faucet on it to modify to the Darkish mode.
2. Set Customized Schedule for Darkish Mode
Go to Settings -> Show & Brightness and activate the Automated function. From the brand new choices under, you’ll be able to set a customized schedule for darkish mode based mostly on the dawn/sundown or a selected time.
three. Work together With The New Quantity HUD
The brand new Quantity HUD will get out of the best way. Once you first click on on the quantity button you’ll see a thick quantity HUD subsequent to the quantity buttons. Press the quantity button once more and the indicator will shrink.
However when it’s within the thick stage, you’ll be able to truly faucet and drag on it to shortly change the quantity.
four. Obtain Information Utilizing Safari
Safari now has a full obtain supervisor in iOS 13. Once you entry a obtain hyperlink, you’ll get a popup with a Obtain button. Faucet on it and also you’ll see a brand new Downloads part subsequent to the URL bar. you’ll be able to monitor and management all downloads from right here. All downloads are saved to the Downloads folder in iCloud Drive by default.
5. Change Default File Obtain Location
However you possibly can, and will change the default obtain location in iOS 13. You’ll be able to even change it to the native storage. Go to Settings -> Safari -> Downloads and change to On my iPhone. You may as well go in and choose one other folder of your selection.
6. Use New Reduce, Copy, and Paste Gestures
Apple is making textual content manipulation simpler with iOS 13. Now you can faucet and maintain to select up the cursor and transfer it round with ease.
Use three finger pinch gesture to repeat textual content, a double three finger pinch gesture to chop textual content and a 3 finger broaden gesture to stick the textual content.
7. Use New Undo and Redo Gestures
Lastly, there’s a brand new undo gesture. Simply swipe left with three fingers to undo textual content entry and a 3 finger proper swipe to redo.
eight. Use The New Formatting Bar
In the event you don’t like swiping, simply faucet and maintain with three fingers to get a brand new formatting bar. From right here, you’ll be able to simply Reduce, Copy, Paste, Undo, and Redo.
9. Attempt The Pure Language Enter in New Reminders App
There’s so much to speak concerning the new Reminders app in iOS 13 however one of the best new function is the brand new textual content enter recommendations. You’ll be able to sort a reminder after which sort time and day in the long run. You’ll see a suggestion within the keyboard subject to connect it to the reminders. This isn’t as nice as third social gathering apps nevertheless it’s higher than nothing.
10. Uncover Pictures From This Day in Previous Years in Pictures App
The brand new Pictures app comes with a brand new All Photographs tab, with new sections for Days, Months and Years. The Years part is probably the most fascinating as a result of it exhibits one photograph from the identical day over the previous couple of years as a preview.
11. Exchange Snapseed with iOS 13’s New Photograph Editor
The brand new Photograph editor in iOS 13 is easier to make use of and has extra modifying options. Now you can edit the depth of filters together with parts like brilliance, vibrancy, saturation and extra.
When you used an app like Darkroom or Snapseed for primary photograph modifying (and never the professional degree stuff), you’ll be able to simply substitute them with the brand new photograph editor in iOS 13. It’s that good.
12. Edit Movies within the Photographs App
It’s also possible to edit movies within the Pictures app now. You possibly can simply apply all modifying results from the photograph editor, crop the video, set a unique facet ratio, rotate the video and extra.
13. Monitor Menstrual Cycle in Well being App
There’s a brand new, absolutely personal menstrual cycle monitoring function in Well being app that comes with interval monitoring, reminders, and fertility monitoring as nicely.
Identical to Dropbox, now you can share whole folders with different iCloud Drive customers from the Information app. Faucet and maintain on a folder, choose Share -> Add Individuals and select the way you need to invite individuals to share the folder. Greatest method to return is utilizing iMessage or Mail app.
15. Use Gesture Typing in Keyboard
Now you can swipe your finger on the keyboard to sort, identical to the SwiftKey or Gboard keyboard. This makes one-handed typing a lot simpler.
16. Disable Bluetooth Entry For Apps
Numerous apps use Bluetooth to determine and monitor your location. Not all apps want Bluetooth entry, now you can block Bluetooth entry for any app if you first launch an app (this has nothing to do with Bluetooth playback). Go to Privateness -> Bluetooth to see all apps which might be asking for Bluetooth permissions and you may toggle the entry from right here as nicely.
17. Join Two AirPods to at least one iPhone
If you’d like your pal to take heed to the identical factor you’re enjoying in your iPhone and also you each have AirPods, this course of is now a lot easier. Simply open the AirPlay part from Management Middle and flick open the second pair of AirPods to attach and use it alongside your personal AirPods.
18. Set Favourite Places in Maps
Open the Maps app and also you’ll see a brand new Frequent Places tab. Click on on the Add button to look and add a location to this part, to function a fast shortcut.
19. Create Teams of Frequent Locations in Maps
Under, you’ll discover a new Collections part. You possibly can create a set after which add locations to it. Sharing a set is straightforward as properly.
Identical to Google Maps, you possibly can share an ETA with somebody utilizing iMessage or Messages. They’ll have the ability to monitor your location from Maps app and can get a message sharing your arrival time.
21. Monitor Your Offline Apple Units Utilizing Discover My App
You must know concerning the new offline system monitoring function within the new Discover My app. Simply activate the app as soon as and go to settings to ensure the function is enabled. Sooner or later, you’ll be capable of monitor your misplaced Apple gadget even when it’s offline (utilizing a mesh Bluetooth community). We’ve talked concerning the new know-how intimately right here.
The scrollbar in iOS 13 may be picked up and dragged. Faucet and transfer it to shortly leap to any part within the web page.
23. Set Mixed App Limits for Display Time
Now you can set an App Restrict that may be a mixture of app classes, particular apps, and web sites.
24. View and Analyze Display Time Knowledge for Previous 30 Days
Display Time knowledge is now out there for the previous 30 days. That is a lot better than the previous 7 days restrict. Open the Display Time part and also you’ll be capable of change to the brand new Week part on the prime. Swipe left on the graph to return in time, week by week, or daily. As you return in time, the small print under will replace as nicely.
25. Change to Open Safari Tab From Search
In the event you can’t discover a specific tab, simply sort the tab identify within the Sensible Search subject. Press enter and as an alternative of loading the web page once more, Safari will take you to the open tab.
26. Discover the Shuffle and Repeat Buttons
Apple has moved the Shuffle and Repeat buttons but once more. Open the Now Enjoying display, faucet on the brand new Up Subsequent button subsequent to the AirPlay button to identify the Shuffle and Repeat buttons on the prime (highlighted within the screenshot above).
27. Create Memoji From Any iPhone
Any iPhone with an A9 processor or greater can create a Memoji. Open the Messages app, click on on the Animoji icon, swipe left and faucet on the New button to start out customizing your Memoji.
28. Set Your Customized iMessage Profile
Now you can set a customized iMessage profile with a separate identify and a photograph and you may select who to share it with. Go to Settings -> Messages -> Share Identify and Photograph to set it up. Subsequent, choose if you wish to share with Contacts Solely, Anybody or All the time Ask.
29. Use Memoji Stickers Anyplace in iOS
When you create a Memoji avatar, Apple will mechanically create a sticker pack for you. This can be out there within the new iMessage app referred to as Animoji Stickers. However the perfect half is that they are often accessed from anyplace in iOS utilizing the Emoji keyboard.
30. Mechanically Shut Tabs in Safari
There’s now a function to mechanically shut unused Safari tabs after a set time. You’ll get this feature if you attempt to shut all tabs collectively. You possibly can set this up manually by going to Settings -> Safari -> Shut Tabs.
31. Toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth From Management Middle
Should you press and maintain the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth toggles in Management Middle you’ll be capable of change between out there networks or immediately open the Settings part.
32. Obtain Giant Apps over Mobile
Apple has eliminated the 200MB restrict for app downloads over a mobile community. Now if you attempt to obtain an enormous app over mobile, you’ll be requested when you actually need to go forward. And you may disable the immediate perpetually by going to Settings -> iTunes & App Retailer -> App Downloads.
33. Use Exterior Storage With Information App
You’ll be able to join a USB drive or an SD Card reader to an iPhone utilizing a converter cable to entry all of the information proper there.
34. Scan Paperwork in Information App
Faucet the Menu button on the prime of the Information app to see a brand new Scan Paperwork function. This works just like the way it does within the Notes app.
35. Use Haptic Contact on Each iPhone
Customers way back to iPhone SE at the moment are capable of entry options just like the Residence display app fast actions. What used to point out up when a consumer would 3D Contact a component, now exhibits up with only a faucet and maintain (with haptic suggestions).
36. Silence Unknown Callers
This new choice in Settings will mechanically silence calls from callers who usually are not in your Contacts app, Messages app or Mail app. The decision will mechanically go to your Voicemail. You’ll be able to then go in later and take heed to the message to see if it was essential. In the event you’re utilizing Visible Voicemail, you’ll be able to learn the textual content transcript to guage. Go to Settings -> Messages -> Silence Unknown Callers to allow it.
37. Optimize Battery Charging
There’s a brand new choice in Battery Well being referred to as Optimized Battery Charging. This helps scale back battery growing older. The iPhone learns out of your every day charging routine so it could possibly wait to complete charging previous 80% till you should use it.
38. Discover The New Updates Part in App Retailer
Updates part has been moved within the iOS 13 replace. As an alternative of the Updates tab, you’ll discover the Arcade tab. To find the Updates part go to the Right now tab and faucet in your Profile icon. You’ll see the updates within the backside part.
39. Delete Apps From Updates Part
Now you can swipe Left on an replace itemizing to delete the app out of your iPhone.
40. Use Automated Darkish Mode for Supported Web sites in Safari
Safari on iOS has an experimental function referred to as Darkish Mode CSS Help. Which means if an internet site has particular CSS code pertaining to Darkish mode it’s going to mechanically load that model of the location when the iOS system is in darkish mode.
41. Create Actual Automations in Shortcuts
Shortcuts app in iOS 13 now helps actual automations. Now you can create shortcuts that get triggered utilizing an array of choices. It may be based mostly on a time, once you open an app, utilizing NFC tags, and extra. Go to the brand new Automation tab in Shortcuts app and faucet on the Plus button to get began.
42. Use The Higher Formatting Options in Mail App
Mail app now has desktop-class formatting choices in iOS 13. Faucet on the compose field after which faucet on the Left Arrow icon to usher in the brand new toolbar. Faucet on the Aa icon to view the formatting function. From right here, you possibly can change the font, font measurement, font type, indentation, and extra.
43. Save All Open Tabs as Bookmarks in Safari
There’s a brand new choice in Safari to shortly save all open tabs as bookmarks. Faucet and maintain on the Bookmarks button to get the Add Bookmarks For N Tabs choice. All bookmarks can be saved in a single folder and may all be opened collectively as properly.
44. Zip and unzip Information in Information App
For those who faucet and maintain on a zipper file in Information app, you’ll discover the Uncompress choice to shortly unzip it. It’s also possible to compress a file, a folder or a number of information in the identical means.
45. Arrange Information an Folders in Native Storage
Native Storage in Information app can now be manipulated by the consumer. You possibly can create folders, transfer information round with out involving iCloud Drive.
46. Take Full Web page Screenshots in Safari
Whenever you take a screenshot in Safari and faucet on the preview field, you’ll see a brand new Full Web page choice on the prime. Faucet on it and also you’ll have the ability to mark up and seize the complete web page.
47. Use Low Knowledge Mode for Particular Wi-Fi Networks
Go to a Wi-Fi community’s information web page and also you’ll spot a brand new Low Knowledge mode choice. Once you flip it on,
48. Shortly Open Emojis With The New Devoted Button
On the iPhone X and better, the Keyboard Switcher icon has been moved to the empty area under the keyboard. There’s a brand new devoted Emoji button within the backside row which you should use to shortly change out and in of the Emoji keyboard.
This is likely one of the benefits of Shortcuts app being constructed into the OS. You’ll now see related shortcuts for the app within the Actions record within the Share sheet. Saves an additional step.
50. Save Screenshots to Information App As an alternative
Whenever you attempt to save a screenshot from the preview, you’ll get a brand new choice referred to as Save to Information. This manner it can save you an annotated screenshot on to a folder in Information.
Your Favourite iOS 13 Ideas and Tips?
What are a few of your favourite ideas and tips for iOS 13? Share with us within the feedback under.